It’s good to see that so many people are having a good time at the Con. The crowds are large, but that is to be expected.
It’s also good to see so many cool announcements and news items. Let’s hope it continues all weekend long. Look for The Eisner Award Winners – Collected Editions – in a separate post Saturday.
On with today’s news from The Con:
- More news on Mister X with creator Dean Motter. Don’t forget Dark Horse is celebrating the character’s 25th anniversary with an Archive edition due out October 22. It will collect issues #1-14 (Series 1; June 1984-August 1988); 384 pages, $79.95. There is also an Official Press Release to this story.
- Here is the Official Press Release for The Life and Times of Martha Washington (Omnibus) as reported the other day.
- And…Here is the Official Press Release for Guy Davis’s, The Marquis also as reported the other day.
- Sublife published by Fantagraphics and making its world premiere at Comic-Con this weekend, Sublife is a one person anthology series by John Pham featuring one single, serialized story (221 Sycamore St.) backed up by smaller, hopefully more self-contained strips. It should hit bookstores some time in the Fall, and the first issue will be squarebound, 64 pages, two-color.
- Image Comics and Frank Frazetta on Complete Death Dealer, Death Dealer II and The Fantastic Worlds of Frazetta, Volume One. An oversize hardcover compiling Dark Kingdom, Swamp Demon, Creatures, and Dracula Meets the Wolfman. That book is due out at the end of 2008.
- From Cup ‘O Joe Panel: Any chance of a trade for Bob Gale’s “Daredevil” issues, given his current work on “Amazing Spider-Man”? No plans yet, but maybe.
- Boom! Studios announced the formation of Zoom, a new children’s comic book imprint for licensed Disney properties. The new line, which launches in spring 2009, will publish original comics based on Pixar films like the animated hit movie Wall-E, and also on The Muppet Show.
- Vertigo things we know: Fables collection of covers, a “coffee table art book collecting all of James Jean’s covers.” The book will come out in the fall and will include all the covers through Issue #75 and the covers for the trades. The Complete Death is coming out as a hardcover collection with all the death mini-series and a few short stories that were in various Vertigo mini-series over the years. Swamp Thing is going to be released as a series of hardcover books. And Preacher will be in hardcover starting next fall.
- Vertigo things we did not know: A new Vertigo Crime imprint, a line of graphic novels in black and white hardcover that will be “all crime thriller, smart, sexy, edgy books,” Karen Berger said. The imprint will feature writers known for work in crime fiction as well as Vertigo writers. “Interest in the genre is very big,” Berger said. “Our writers really want to tackle more crime thrillers and mysteries.”
- Dan Didio said at the Final Crisis Management Panel that they will collect the FC Tie-Ins, “…in the order that makes the most sense to everybody”.