Not only am I a Podcaster/Blogger, but I’m also an avid listener of other podcasts and a reader of other blogs. I subscribe to over 160 different RSS feed with Google Reader. This also includes a few tech and sports feeds, but at last count, 91% are Comic Book related. I say this because more and more people that are blogging, are at the very least, are chatting about Collected Editions, but when it comes to the comic book news, more people are apt to talk about weekly comics, movies and TV. Only a handful in the blogosphere actually are committed to Collected Editions full time. This includes hardcore news and reviews (some are done in an audio format, like my CCL podcast). Some of these great site can be found on the Links to the right. My thanks to all of you who support us! Now on to some news:
- Ed Brubaker has announced a Criminal Omnibus. Looks like it will retail for $50. At such a price it will probably only collect Volume 1 which are issues #1-10. (Thanks to Rich Johnson’s new Bleeding Cool for the gossip!)
- It’s come across the wire as to just what the hold up is with the first Nexus Trade Paperback from Steve Rude and Rude Dude Productions. (My thanks to Sporadic Sequential and Augie De Blieck Jr. for the tip.)
- We just received word from TransContinental (our printer in Canada) that Nexus: As it Happened V1 is printed, boxed, and ready to ship, but they want payment in full before they’ll ship. We’re $2,200 short so Steve dug up some more pages. We’re also $4,000 behind on mortgage, so we’re making an open offer to anyone interested in making a reasonable offer on any of the paintings that we currently have for sale.
- Video: Stephan Pastis, Peral Before Swine, really want to promote his latest collection Pearls Sells Out (Thanks to Alan Gardner, Daily Cartoonist.)
- The Graphic Novel Reporter lists the The Hottest Fiction GN’s, Tween GN’s, and Kids GN’s for Summer 2009.
- John Mayo, CBR, has his Mayo Report: April 2009 Sales Analysis. You can catch the audio editions on his Comic Book Page podcast.