- John Lara, 1956-January 15, 2012 – Political and Social Cartoonist.
Announcements / PR
- Win a free copy of Shadowbinders Volume 1
- Spectrum Fantastic Art Live! Event Commemorative Art Book. Coming May 2012
- The Complete Crumb Comics Vol. 1 (Expanded Softcover Edition) by Robert Crumb – Previews, Pre-Order
- D+Q to Publish Original Astrid Lindgren & Ingrid Vang Nyman PIPPI LONGSTOCKING comics & MOOMIN in color – I was dragged to the Pippi movie when I was a kid. I still have awful memories.
- Newbery Awards – The 2012 Newbery Medal winner is Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos, published by Farrar Straus Giroux. The Newbery Medal was named for eighteenth-century British bookseller John Newbery. It is awarded annually by the Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association, to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.
- First Graphic Novel winner announced – As part of the First Fictions literary festival at the University of Sussex this weekend Myriad Editions (publishers of Rumble Strip among others good graphic works) had the First Graphic Novel competition.
- American Library Association 2012 Youth Media Awards
- Geoffrey Hook Receives Medal Of The Order Of Australia – Thanks to Tom, Comics Reporter
- The Chip Shop Awards / Different Answer To Arkham Asylum – Thanks to Rich, Bleeding Cool
- Oscar noms: 11 for HUGO, one for Tintin; complete list – Tintin was robbed!
- Harry Lucey (Archie) and Rudolph Dirks (The Katzenjammer Kids) selected for 2012 Eisner Hall of Fame – Excellent choices, but I would have voted for Jesse Marsh (Tarzan).
- Warren Chang Narrative Paintings Book Interview
- Tall Tale Radio Tom Racine interviews NCS President, MAD Mag cartoonist and author Tom Richmond – Thanks Alan, Daily Cartoonist
- Stan Goldberg, on Archie and Three Stooges comics – That Stooges comic doesn’t look so bad.
Law, Business and Logo’s
- The Week In Creative Differences: John Rozum and Rob Liefeld – The Infinite collected edition may never see the light of day. Better go out and buy the single issues while you can.
- Worldwide manga troubles – This bums me out.
- The First Page Of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Revealed At Angoulême – Looks great so far!
- DC Entertainment Reveals New Brand Identity, Logo – DC never took the Bullet logo off the Archive Editions, I wonder if that will still be the case from here on out.
- Oni Press Unveils New Company Logo and Website – I like both!
- DC Comics Updates The Complete List of New 52 Hardcovers and Trade Paperbacks – As far as I can tell the only new information given are the titles of the books.
- Adding a Cartoon (Or Any Other Image) To Your iBook in iBooks Author – Tutorial
- Christopher Irving to launch The Drawn Word in March! – Awesome! Chris does a great job at everything.
- R. Stevens releases free ebook of Diesel Sweeties Volume 1 – First published in 2003 and includes the first hundred or so comics. The eBook has no DRM. Thanks to Alan, Daily Cartoonist.
- David Astor to release tell all as a reporter covering comics – Juicy!
- Archie Comics Publishes Jinx Graphic Novel
- Markosia To Publish Rich Johnson’s Favourite Comic: Sleaze Castle – I’m intrigued. I may have to pick this collection up.
- Dean Mullaney is doing a Red Barry collection – Thanks to Tom, Comics Reporter
- The Sunday Funnies #1 (Russ Cochran)
- Superman: Grounded Vol. 2 (DC Comics)
- Three Golden Age collections from Fantagraphics: Action! Mystery! Thrills!: Comic Book Covers of the Golden Ages, 1933-1945, Amazing Mysteries: The Bill Everett Archives Vol. 1, Young Romance: The Best of Simon & Kirby’s Romance Comics
- Kick-Ass Vol. 1 (Marvel/Icon)
- Who Is Jake Ellis? Vol. 1 (Image)
- Strange Tales Vol. 1 (Marvel)
- Criminal: The Last of the Innocent (Marvel/Icon)
- Superman: Return of Doomsday TPB (DC Comics)
…and at the end of the shelf:
Be sure to keep current with all the latest and best Comic Book Collected Edition news by subscribing to the Collected Comics Library’s RSS feed.