- Michael O’Hare (May 6, 1952 – September 28, 2012) was an American actor, best known for playing Commander Jeffrey Sinclair in the science fiction television series Babylon 5.
Announcements / PR
- The Frank Book by Jim Woodring – hardcover reprint back in stock! – you can never have too much Woodring on the shelf. I’m glad this is back in print.
- The deal with the Pogo slipcases – This is wonderfully great news!!
- A quick look back at Camelot 3000 and a look forward to Faster than a Speeding Bullet: the Rise of the Graphic Novel due in October
- The next two EC volumes, following Al Williamson (50 Girls 50) and Jack Davis (‘Taint the Meat, It’s the Humanity”) will be a Johnny Craig crime volume (“Fall Guy for Murder”) and an Al Feldstein SF collection (“Child of Tomorrow”) – This is shaping up to become a really great collected edition series.
- Pippi Longstocking is in stores! – The first book in a three-volume set from Drawn & Quarterly.
- Junot Diaz & Dinaw Mengestu Win $500,000 Genius Grants – I’m sure they’ll put it to good use.
- British Fantasy Awards
- Josh Williamson on Captain Midnight – Oh hell yeah!
Law / Business
- Todd McFarlane Sues Al Simmons Over “Spawn” Biography – I met Al Simmons back in ’97 when I worked a Marriott. He checked in and I instantly knew his name and joked that he was Spawn. He then corrected me and told me he was Spawn. I was floored!
- Michigan Batman Arrested For The Second Time – this guy is giving us Michiganders a bad name.
- Kevin Freeman takes over Action Lab – All my best to past president Shawn Pryor.
- Sales Charts: Barnes & Noble Graphic Novel Bestsellers: October 2012 – more lists, if you like that sort of thing. I know I do!
- Dave Sim’s October surprise – I’m tired of this story already.
- IDW launches IDW Limited line of direct to consumer deluxe projects – I blogged about this yesterday. I hear that they are already sold out!
- Anonymous Corporate Citizen Patriot Donates 10,000 Copies of Tea Party Coloring Book – this is just bizarre.
- There will be 10 new pages in Absolute Final Crisis, a huge battle scene formerly cut. New Final Crisis pages feature “Captain Carrot fighting zombies” etc. – Thanks Rich, Bleeding Cool
- The Phantom: The Complete Series – The Charlton Years – Volume One (Hermes Press)
- Batman: The Dark Knight: Knight Terrors HC (DC Comics)
- Hugo Tate (Blank Slate Books)
- Alien: The Illustrated Story (Titan)
- The Complete Rainbow Orchid (Egmont)
…and at the end of the shelf:
Be sure to keep current with all the latest and best Comic Book Collected Edition news by subscribing to the Collected Comics Library’s RSS feed.