- Neil Alden Armstrong (August 5, 1930 – August 25, 2012) was an American astronaut and the first person to walk on the Moon. There have been several moon landing books that came before the Apollo missions and after. One of my favorites that I read to my son is You Will Go To The Moon. The neat thing about it is that the first edition was in 1959 and the second updated edition was in 1971. I have both and the contrast is very interesting.
- Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934 – August 23, 2012) was an American puppeteer, best known for his work with The Muppets.
- Josepha Sherman (December 12, 1946 – August 23, 2012) was an American author, folklorist, and anthologist. She contributed to prose Buffy, Highlander and Star Trek.
Announcements / PR
- Preview: Valiant Masters: Bloodshot Vol. 1 HC – Blood of the Machine - I can’t wait for this book to come out!
- Coming Attractions: Andrews McMeel: Fall 2012 – Spring 2013 - Nothing really catches my eye. How about you?
- 12-page preview of Kirby: Genesis Vol. 1 TP (Dynamite Entertainment) - Another series that I was “waiting for the trade”. I’ve heard good things about it as well as Dragonsbane, Silver Star and Captain Victory.
- Stephen Weiner (Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: The Rise of the Graphic Novel)
- Steve Geppi (video) - A glimpse inside his impressive museum collection.
Law / Business
- Teacher Fired In Louisiana For Posting Of Editorial Cartoons
- Disney Appears To Respond To Avengers Suitcase Lawsuit
- Shootings Near Jim Hanley’s Universe, Staff All Okay
- David Mazzucchelli’s Daredevil: Born Again Artist’s Edition (IDW)
- Men of War Vol. 1: Uneasy Company TP (DC Comics)
…and at the end of the shelf:
- Kay Nielsen’s Stunning 1914 Scandinavian Fairy Tale Illustrations from Brain Pickings by Maria Popova
Be sure to keep current with all the latest and best Comic Book Collected Edition news by subscribing to the Collected Comics Library’s RSS feed.